• Advertisement

Cub Cadet SC300hw Lawnmower

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Cub Cadet SC300hw Lawnmower

Postby dart451 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:43 pm

Working on a lawnmower that has hit a piece of steel in the ground...almost new...won't start. I would assume the keyway is sheered. However, when I went to the Cub Cadet website, 12ABB2M5710, 159cc engine, I couldn't find a keyway anywhere in the breakdown diagram. I haven 't taken the flywheel off yet but this thing has a flywheel, doesn't it? I have had the flywheel off on one of these before...thanks
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Cub Cadet SC300hw Lawnmower

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:18 pm

Going need to the eye doctor as I don't need you driving near me if you can't see me. :lol:

PN 751P10307A Woodruff Key.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:11 pm

KE4AVB, I looked at every single part on the diagram about 5 times, never saw the woodruff key! (still don't) You'd figure it would be close to the flywheel? Nope! I was looking at the diagrams on the Cub Cadet site under 12ABB2M5710....
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Then I give you a hint...It on the crankshaft. Locator # depends which year you are looking at for the engine.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:15 pm

Geesh! I think I really do need help KE4AVB! I am getting quite old you know...thank you for your assistance here...perhaps it's time to retire?
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:59 am

No problem Dart. I getting there too. 63-1/2 now myself. Some the parts are not where I think should be on the diagrams either at times. This is where a different set eyes on the problem helps. Just ribbing you at little as I was frustrated here with a project myself.

Vendors are driving me crazy. I just got a delivery notice that my parts are not going to arrive on time because someone didn't bother to put on the truck. The parts were to be here Thursday and I have been telling my customers they were scheduled to be here on time. Now they just got shipped and UPS day it will be Monday now. I had a tracking number but was unable to track it and now I have a new number the parts are moving.

One of the customers is nearing cussing me because his fuel pump failed one month after installation. I would have ordered on a rush but he keep bitching about the costs.

Meanwhile I had a Bad Boy that needed RH transaxle replaced. Estimated one to do the job. Boy was I wrong it took nearly three hours. The problem wasn't replacing the actual transaxle it was replacing the drive belt. It was major undertaking as the transaxle have to dropped, the idler arm dropped, and PTO anti-rotation arm removed. By drop I mean had come down an 1/2 inch so the belt would clear the pulleys. This is a first for me as never had to drop these on any other ZTR before.

About an hour was spent fussing and figuring how to get the belt replaced. Well the new transaxle and drive are in but couldn't test as it was getting dark. The transaxle removal and replacement went fairly quickly. Only six bolts and a couple linkage to remove. Boy I will charge more next time when I estimate a drive belt or transaxle replacement on Bad Boy ZTR.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:44 pm

Goodness! And I thought I had problem! I don't envy you at all. I'm 73 so I have a few years on ya! You know, I finally took off the flywheel today and low and behold, the keyway is not damaged! Damn! So, put it back together...won't start but when I spray some starter fluid into the carburetor, it starts and dies. Tried this multiple times, never would take fuel. So, I drained the tank, didn't smell like bad gas but what the heck. I took out the drain plug in the bowl and fuel is definitely getting into the bowl...put fresh fuel in...still no start but will start and die with starter fluid. This mower has about 1 hour on the engine according to owner. No blockages in tank or fuel line, flows freely through bottom drain plug when I took it out. So, apparently the carburetor will not suck up the fuel anymore! Funny, customer said they hit something and the engine stopped suddenly and wouldn't start again. Looked at the blade, didn't see any real damage to it. Only thing I can think to do at this point is order another carburetor but it is boggling my mind!
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby creia » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:12 pm

dart451 wrote:Goodness! And I thought I had problem! I don't envy you at all. I'm 73 so I have a few years on ya! You know, I finally took off the flywheel today and low and behold, the keyway is not damaged! Damn! So, put it back together...won't start but when I spray some starter fluid into the carburetor, it starts and dies. Tried this multiple times, never would take fuel. So, I drained the tank, didn't smell like bad gas but what the heck. I took out the drain plug in the bowl and fuel is definitely getting into the bowl...put fresh fuel in...still no start but will start and die with starter fluid. This mower has about 1 hour on the engine according to owner. No blockages in tank or fuel line, flows freely through bottom drain plug when I took it out. So, apparently the carburetor will not suck up the fuel anymore! Funny, customer said they hit something and the engine stopped suddenly and wouldn't start again. Looked at the blade, didn't see any real damage to it. Only thing I can think to do at this point is order another carburetor but it is boggling my mind!

"This mower has about 1 hour on the engine according to the owner."
Is this a brand new mower and still under warranty?
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:51 pm

Not sure...I assume it is but when I mentioned a warranty, the guy poo pooed it...
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:57 pm

Creia, Got to remember customer induce damage nor fuel related problems are not cover by warranties.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum