• Advertisement

Briggs Molex Pin Size

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs Molex Pin Size

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:49 pm

kenedy wrote:what all I know is that Briggs RePower kit has 3 sizes but have no idea about its types...

And for most it doesn't matter as you just match what is there and you're only a handful change outs. My needs are a little more involved as I am having to repair harnesses that have been hack to pieces by fly by night techs. I getting harnesses that are literally held together with paper tape sometimes. I am sick and tire of having to mend these using solder and heat shrink when all I got to do it run a wire or two with proper terminals. Besides when ordering a couple hundred pieces it makes sense to order the correct ones instead ordering kits that has a lot of what I don't need.

Example: I just ordered in 100 ea male and female bullet non insulated connectors, and the male and female sleeves, 25 8ga 1/4 lug terminals, 25 6ga 1/4 lug terminals. I will ordering a 100 18ga-14ga Packard and 25 14ga-10ga Packard female terminals along with a 1000ft (100 ft rolls) of 16 ga wire in ten assorted colors. I don't usually need much 12ga or 14ga stranded wire so I pick that up locally as needed.

I just got though rewiring a Redmax blower that had about ten splices in the two kill wires. Now it has two new wires, two male bullets and two ring connectors. How in the heck they manage to get all those previous connectors in the non split wire loom is anybody's guess. No wonder the kill circuit didn't work.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Fulltilt » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm

KE4AVB wrote:I just got though rewiring a Redmax blower that had about ten splices in the two kill wires. Now it has two new wires, two male bullets and two ring connectors. How in the heck they manage to get all those previous connectors in the non split wire loom is anybody's guess. No wonder the kill circuit didn't work.

On backpacks, I just use twin grey speaker wire, works like a charm. Looks like lamp cord, but smaller. Of course it helps that I've had a big roll of it laying around , for like ten years now.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:28 pm

I got a green and black 18ga speaker zip cord laying on the work bench now though most my zip cord is red and black that use for transceiver installs. For big amps I still use individual red and black lead appropriate for peak amp draw for what ever rf amp being installed. 1.5 kw rf power amp pull lots amps though personally my mobile 10m amp only peaks at 250 watts Class AB so pulls nearly 500 watts (about 42 amps @ 12 vdc) hence the 8 ga cables.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum