• Advertisement

what are we missing here ??

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: what are we missing here ??

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:37 am

KE4AVB wrote:Luffy in cases like this I have the customer sign a release statement

We don't even do those - not worth the paper they are written on. if safety device is inoperative and customer wont let us fix it, the machine don't get fixed, period - they can take it elsewhere.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 am

I know it probably not worth it but at least I have record of informing the customer about it and that I not responsible for their stupidity.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:43 am

That's like saying if you don't fix it it is safe to operate. Like a chain saw with the guard bad and a trimmer with no shield in it. They all should be fixed. I have people to try talking me into bypassing them all the time. It's always the answer no I cannot do it and by sides I don't know how to. Been offered a $100 to bypass them and turned it down. Kinda like fire be around it and work with sometime u can almost bet u gonna get burned by it by the fire or whether it's a customer. Kinda like pond banks and zero turns they just don't mix.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:50 am

KE4AVB wrote:Luffy in cases like this I have the customer sign a release statement stating that my company and I personally are not responsible any resulting injuries as my insurance agent definitely advised me that they would not cover such injury resulting from me disabling or not reinstating a safety device(s).

On the subject of blades I even had one customer bring in a push mower last year with the blade duct taped on. An accident awaiting to happen at any time.

Red Green was the customer I assume.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Your duct tape I guess beats the push I had that was zipped tied. Haha people are just funny or just plain stupid or just don't care.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum