• Advertisement

starting/charging/battery on brigg 28 ohv

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: starting/charging/battery on brigg 28 ohv

Postby 38racing » Sat May 13, 2017 10:17 pm

with engine off the key needs to be on for clutch. With key on draw was .9 amps. That would be ABS and maybe relays. When clutch switch pulled the draw was 2.30 amps so 1.4 for the clutch.
Looking at wiring diagrams I don't see an ammeter. Some models (possibly his) have a voltage sensor with a warning light. I'm wondering if I should add an ammeter so he can confirm charge/discharge when operating. I have a used one but it's the type that the wire just wraps around. Don't know how accurate that would be. might have a flow through one somewhere too. And looking at the wiring the power to the pto clutch goes through a relay that only activates if the seat switch is closed . I wasn't in the seat so I am guessing that he's bypassed that. Not a good idea especially if he lets his kids use it.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat May 13, 2017 11:01 pm

I have used a few of those. I had ok luck out of some for the most part. Had a few to go bad as well not long out of the box.so far had good results from the ones I have installed.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 14, 2017 8:57 am

38racing wrote:And looking at the wiring the power to the pto clutch goes through a relay that only activates if the seat switch is closed . I wasn't in the seat so I am guessing that he's bypassed that. Not a good idea especially if he lets his kids use it.

Could like be the JD I just straighten out where every thing was bypassed. It started in gear with clutch released and the blades engaged after I got it to engage the starter relay. The last repair at it (RAT for short) needs those wire cutters and crimpers taken away. His crimps were terrible too. I think he was trying to bypass the RIO circuit.

It took me going over the LT133 wiring diagram to find all the correct wiring of the circuits. Spliced, cut, and crossed circuits were a headache to straighten out. He even had a relay buzzing like well a buzzer.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum