• Advertisement

Briggs 28Q777 OHV single burning oil

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Briggs 28Q777 OHV single burning oil

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:50 am

Arkie wrote:You can easily get more into rebuilding a worn out engine than cost of new engine and still come up with a bad engine.

Especially true with verticals, Horizonals are different due to costs to replace. But even you can get burned on a rebuild. I got TB Horse sitting on the yard that was approved for rebuild by the owner for $500. After I completed the repairs the customer decided he was not going to pay the repair bill. It was a Briggs 7 hp electric start engine. I had to buy the hone and stones the drill to operate the hone so I got over $500 in it myself; of course, I get to keep and used the tools so that wasn't figured into the repair costs. The part was finding obsolete rod in NOS. A $15 rod cost me $60 plus shipping.

I couldn't sell the tiller to recover the repair bill. People around here wants you to give them an used machine. They are only interested in buying at yard sale prices. I couldn't even sale a recondition SP mower for $75 and I that much in repair parts in it; I was offered $25 for it. I no longer attempt to sale used equipment and just settle into repairs only.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:19 pm

i assume a typo and customer decided not to pay.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Caught me I left out the word "not".
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum