• Advertisement

Testing Ignition Coil

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Testing Ignition Coil

Postby RoyM » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Standard operating procedure for warranty repairs.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Re: Testing Ignition Coil

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:18 am

Basically then I would need to use a non authorized repair technique which I know of. I can either stick $90 in coils on it or use my technique and charge the customer $10-$20 for the parts plus my labor. Either way the customer don't need to put with the hassle any of the dealers will give him.

As none of the local dealers will honor operator/owner. Some won't even honor the warranty even if the owner has a bill sale; unless, they had brought the equipment from them. No wonder there are so many complaints about lousy dealers on the net. Otherwords it is an all or nothing attitude. Sorry it my opinion and I do not like dealers that are this way; never have and never will.

It also probably why I get some their customers coming to me for reasonable repairs knowing they will receive fair and honest repairs. Plus some these dealers can't even repair some the problems the equipment have. I know of two local dealers that lost a total 5K in repairs to me last year alone and I have already pull over 1.5K this year already as the customers have quit those dealers over the dealer's attitude.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum