• Advertisement

head gasket or sheared key or ?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: head gasket or sheared key or ?

Postby 38racing » Thu May 24, 2018 6:18 pm

wouldn't start for my test run lol. of course I had stopped it with my kill lead and forgot to turn off the key. recharging battery now.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

after recharging battery I completed another test run. then I restored the original kill wire. cranks and no start and then a backfire. I didn't persist trying to start but rather went looking at kill wire path. found both kill wire and ABS wires were pinched flat between starter and block. spliced in new pieces and routed in front of starter. Couple successful test runs. one more and I'll load it up for return.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun May 27, 2018 7:11 pm

38racing wrote:after recharging battery I completed another test run. then I restored the original kill wire. cranks and no start and then a backfire. I didn't persist trying to start but rather went looking at kill wire path. found both kill wire and ABS wires were pinched flat between starter and block. spliced in new pieces and routed in front of starter. Couple successful test runs. one more and I'll load it up for return.

Now that I have seen several times where others have installed replacement starters. Several would not even give problems until the engine was hot as metal clearances would smash the wire insulation enough the short out. I have learn to check for this even the occasion shows up. I haven't seen it in a couple years though.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum