• Advertisement

Echo ES-250

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Echo ES-250

Postby plpitts1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm

FOLLOW UP. Turned out to be faulty ignition coil misfiring causing unit to run poorly. I had checked gap but did not have a replacement coil at that time to swap out. I do not have a way to check ignition coil for that except to swap out with known good part. Thanks for everyone's input.
Pat
"Well, if they pay me off in tortillas, I'm gonna shoot 'em right in the eye"
plpitts1
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:09 pm

Personally I don't have a spare 300+ usd for the PET-9000 (PN 900300) laying for something that would be collecting most of the time. My luck would that it breaks down before I get to used more than a few times anyway. But if I did it supposedly will check the coils.

BGS would know about this maybe since he is a Echo dealer.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Personally I don't have a spare 300+ usd for the PET-9000 (PN 900300) laying for something that would be collecting most of the time. My luck would that it breaks down before I get to used more than a few times anyway. But if I did it supposedly will check the coils.

BGS would know about this maybe since he is a Echo dealer.
I actually have one, used twice in the years I've had it. It can actually be used on other brands as well, if you know the specs that the particular ignition system calls for. It checks spark, firing voltages, monitors primary voltage, igniton timing, etc
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:48 pm

I knew if I meant you and you would chime in.

How you doing Polar Bear? Here it been below freezing the last several days and looking to be that a few more. Hopefully it warms before the rain Friday.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum