• Advertisement

Here's a stumper!

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Here's a stumper!

Postby Skywatcher » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:41 am

Hi Dart

The condition you're describing with this engine sounds like a piece of carbon or other foreign material has become stuck between a valve and its seat. It doesn't take much of a gap between a valve and seat to dump the compression back through the carburetor or down the muffler. Just my 2­¢ worth.

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:50 am

I have never used Quickbooks. Does it have a CSV export feature for exporting your data. If so then Admin should be able to import most of the info once you select the correct fields to import.

here is a sample screen
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby dart451 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 am

Skywatcher wrote:Hi Dart

The condition you're describing with this engine sounds like a piece of carbon or other foreign material has become stuck between a valve and its seat. It doesn't take much of a gap between a valve and seat to dump the compression back through the carburetor or down the muffler. Just my 2­¢ worth.

Sky

I'm still going to do a leak down test on the motor...my leak down tester blew a rod and I can't get it working again...buying another one this morning...
dart451
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:09 pm

Oh heck someone just spilled JB Weld all over my Ouija Board. Now I got go get a new one.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum