• Advertisement

Husqvarna 575XP

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Husqvarna 575XP

Postby lefty » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:24 am

Thank you. I tried to make one but there are a lot of holes to block.

I do not have a manual. Yes, that would be awesome and greatly appreciated.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:20 am

PM sent...
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:25 am

KE4AVB wrote:PM sent...

Got it. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:29 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Husqvarna makes a set of intake and exhaust sealing plates for this.

502524801 Intake cover (sealing) plates
502541102 Exhaust cover (sealing) plate
503844002 Adapter for injecting pressure or pull vacuum via the spark plug hole.

My primary distributor doesn't have in stock but still shows them available.

Do you have the service manual at hand? If not I can send you a link via PM. I will be trying out Dropbox so I might have to use One Drive or Google Drive which I know will work with giving everyone access as back up path.

I was looking up 502524801, the sealing plates... and unfortunately, it doesn't show an image. It says "Cover", singular. Does that part number provide for both of those covers shown in the image as 2b? As far as you know? I already have a setup for the exhaust and the spark plug hole. It's the intake I'm struggling with.
Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:39 am

It suppose to be both of the intake plates. I got them ordered yesterday for the shop here as I had a 455 Rancher in the shop over the weekend that would use the same plates. I got lucky and it was a split fuel line that was causing a secondary problem. My distributor didn't have them in stock they were back ordered yesterday on my order for the replacement K1-WTEA kits, some K27-WAT kits for Craftsman in the shop. and a box 16x6.50-8 tubes. It be some time next month or two as RBI switch shipping back orders on next order I place. Wrong time of the year to get something placed on back order.

I can make do without them but just like clutch tool I posted a picture of I just don't know when I will need them. I got clutch tool back in the Spring when I ran across the first clutch and didn't use it until Sunday to check a seal. Funny if I remember correctly I order it for a Homelite saw and not the MTD made Craftsman saw. Anyway the Craftsman saw is too cheap to do much repair wise since it only cost $115. If charge more than 1/2 hour and a pieced together carb kit it would cheaper to buy another one. Heaven forbid if it need a replacement 14" bar and chain. The darn Craftsman has a HLIC carburetor, I am hoping it is a Walbro or Zama clone but don't need to repair it yet as I just the saw was tuned way too lean.

It is getting bad when they start selling disposable gas chainsaws just because the homeowner wants them that cheap. A neighbor has gone battery powered on his latest chainsaw, seen it yesterday.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:29 pm

Thank you. I just ordered some up.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:50 am

May we both have good luck on getting what is pictured in the service manual.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:12 pm

Fingers crossed
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:37 pm

I received it today. I got two identical pieces, the triangle-looking ones. Looks like they will serve the purpose though. The bolt pattern is the same for both locations on the saw.

I got them from amazon. Came with hardware for mounting. I paid 9.99 plus 4.50 shippping. Looks like I may have gotten the last one because it's unavailable now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TD4N6BE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the guidance.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:03 pm

I performed my leak test. It seems I had quite a good leak at the decompression valve. I had trouble sorting out whether it was leaking at the washer or through the valve itself.

Is it normal to leak through that at low pressure? It seems that there is no spring or anything holding the valve closed. I think the pressure once running closes the valve but when the piston goes down, could the vacuum pull it open a bit?

Once I sealed that hole off with a plug, It held with very little drop for 2 minutes...maybe 1/2 lb. I think I was losing from the mating service of the cylinder and the case because I made the mistake of removing the cylinder before the test so I had to reinstall and who knows if my gasket surfaces are pristine.

I have no bubbles coming from either seal or the case seam, the portion of the seam that I can see and spray with soapy water anyway. Part of the seam is hidden under the cylinder.

Is it common for the decompression valve to fail and be the cause of an air leak? If so, I think this may be the reason this saw failed. I believe there is a crush washer involved. I know someone else took a look at the saw before me so they may have removed/reinstalled the valve. So the leak may be from that and not the original problem.

Anyway...Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Discussion Forum