• Advertisement

Fuel Treatments and Goo!

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Fuel Treatments and Goo!

Postby bgsengine » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:12 am

KE4AVB wrote: An example is the local station is currently at $3.80 when in town yesterday it was $3.65...
Lucky you. Here? $4.19 a gallon (down from $4.29 last week)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Sun May 01, 2022 8:05 pm

38racing wrote:I was googling and read that shell vpower may no longer be ethanol free. I will retest when I get back home this weekend.

i just tested fuel I bought several weeks ago and yesterday. both had no ethanol.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Mon May 02, 2022 8:43 am

38racing wrote:
38racing wrote:I was googling and read that shell vpower may no longer be ethanol free. I will retest when I get back home this weekend.

i just tested fuel I bought several weeks ago and yesterday. both had no ethanol.[/quote]

How do you conduct your no ethanol test?
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Mon May 02, 2022 4:15 pm

Arkie wrote:
38racing wrote:

i just tested fuel I bought several weeks ago and yesterday. both had no ethanol.[/quote]

How do you conduct your no ethanol test?

i used plastic graduated 250 mil bottle. put 50 mil of water and slowly add 200 mil gas. you see the line between. then I shake it. with no ethanol separation line stays at 50. 5% moves it up to 60 and 10 moves it up to 70 as the ethanol and water join together.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Mon May 02, 2022 4:30 pm

How do you conduct your no ethanol test?[/quote]
i used plastic graduated 250 mil bottle. put 50 mil of water and slowly add 200 mil gas. you see the line between. then I shake it. with no ethanol separation line stays at 50. 5% moves it up to 60 and 10 moves it up to 70 as the ethanol and water join together.[/quote]

Very good. Thanks

Safety notice: about wearing masks at gasoline stations
I've heard a rumor that CDC is now recommending that when we pull into gas station to put on a face mask BEFORE exiting the vec then start the gas pump and then BEFORE LOOKING AT THE GAS PUMP price updating put the mask UP OVER YOUR EYES.
This reduces somewhat the chance of HEART problems, blood pressure going high fast and depression.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum