• Advertisement

John Deere LT155

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: John Deere LT155

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:26 pm

For me since I have a hydraulic press I would use it so the seat is push back in place squarely and not rock into place. You probably can do it with a large c-clamp just want to put even pressure so it goes into straight which what I mean by squarely just you doing with bearings as to not enlarge to the mounting hole.

As pet project it may work fine for personal use but if it was for a paying customer it would be a new head. Your rep as a good repairman is on the line and failure are remembered more than successful work.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:40 pm

Just noticed that the exhaust pipe is missing. Looks like it's broken off at both ends. $37 on the site I checked out. I think I'm going to send this back to the owner and advise him to part it out. He picked it up for $100. The seller told him, "it was running last year". Total BS if you ask me. This thing looks like it hasn't run for some time. I told him to part it out and keep looking. It's got a bagging system in good condition. I figured between that, the wheels and a few other parts he could probably finish out ahead. Glad to have diagnosed the problem in this part of my "career" though, with your help of course. Thanks to everyone for the help, as usual. Enjoying the piss out of myself. Thought about tackling the valve issue but for what...this thing has so many issues beyond the engine. Thanks again.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Sounds like one tried to sell me back in Spring. The owner said it was running last year. No mention of the hole in the side of block where the rod had broken through but I have learned to look over these mowers fairly before making an offer. Sorta a deal breaker for me. I offered him $25 for it because it had a manual Dana 6 speed I was needing. I was surprised when he accepted the offer. Well the customer that wanted transmission fail to buy it but I manage to get my money back by selling the starter and camshaft. I still got a good 310000 head that I can still sell to someone in need.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:42 am

That's what I told the owner. He paid $100 for it. I figured between the bagging system, starter, wheels and a few other parts, he should be able to make his money back. Thanks again.
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum