• Advertisement

deck spindle mounting bolts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: deck spindle mounting bolts

Postby 38racing » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:33 pm

Starfire1 wrote:
38racing wrote:I have a mtd vari-drive and I can't punch out the bearings. Maybe the puller would work on them

If you're referring to that sliding pulley then the answer is yes but only pulled a couple of these as I only have seen two bad ones in my shop. If I remember correctly that is a Needle Bearing .572 x .75 x .555. The aftermarket bearing is about half the MTD one's price.

I'm not sure mine were bad but they were after I tried unsuccessfully to remove them..
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:57 am

I have pulled blind hole bearings by grinding of part of the head of a carriage bolt and hooking that behind the bearing. Put a large socket over the hole and stack up washers over the bolt. Thread on a nut and go.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby 38racing » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:44 pm

I've been laid up for a couple months. had to get my plumbing opened up. i did finally buy the puller but haven't used it yet. got a replacement spindle and since it comes with holes needing to be tapped I just drilled them to 5/16 for pass through bolts
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum