• Advertisement

Craftsman Lawn Vacuum

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Craftsman Lawn Vacuum

Postby lefty » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Thank you. How did you figure that out? I wasn't able to obviously. The documents I have show LEV120 as a 6.0 HP. The one I have is a 4.5HP.

Thanks.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:22 am

It was according to a 2002 Craftsman to Tecumseh Model Cross Reference Guide I downloaded in 2014. Doesn't means it is totally accurate.

2002 Craftsman to Tecumseh Model Cross Reference Guide
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:37 am

Awesome. Thank you.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:03 am

Ok, I did the valves and took care of the air leaks there. I think I have this as good as it's going to get. The only issue I still have, which I'm not even sure is an issue, is that it takes an unusually long time to warm up. To me anyway. I'm used to a machine needing to be choked for just a few seconds and having it warm up in about 10. This seems to need 45 - 60 seconds. But once that minute goes by, it's running perfectly. I have a new carb here I could try if anyone thinks that would be a good idea.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:41 pm

lefty wrote:Ok, I did the valves and took care of the air leaks there. I think I have this as good as it's going to get. The only issue I still have, which I'm not even sure is an issue, is that it takes an unusually long time to warm up. To me anyway. I'm used to a machine needing to be choked for just a few seconds and having it warm up in about 10. This seems to need 45 - 60 seconds. But once that minute goes by, it's running perfectly. I have a new carb here I could try if anyone thinks that would be a good idea.

I know you said the bowl nut jet is clean but I thought that too on my briggs 12 series that I had to prime continously for a minute before it would stay running. Turned out the the bowl nut jet was not actually clean enough.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:35 am

I'm pretty sure it's clean but I'll take another run at it today.
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:02 pm

I removed the bowl nut today and checked it. It looks clean. I went ahead and took another identical nut out of a known good carb I have and still am having the same results. I let it run a little bit longer this time. Although it did run excellent once warmed up, I am now noticing some smoke in the exhaust. Light in color. Does this help at all? Maybe I'm burning a little oil?
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum