• Advertisement

Convert Tecumseh carb to adjustable?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Convert Tecumseh carb to adjustable?

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:20 am

38racing wrote:Actually this Bubba started out with full air and then turned it down with the new regulator that I just installed (twice). You know, there was an arrow on it indicating air flow direction but I figured that out when it didn't work right.

Hmmm what did it do? No air flow or just no regulation. Never installed one backwards yet. You notice I said "Yet" :roll:

38racing wrote:Since electricity is getting so expensive in Ontario Canada I install a timer for my hot water tank. Seemd to work and then it would just stop. I called the company was just removing it for return when the wiring instruction caught my eye. I had wired the timer to the output side by mistake. So it ran until the timer switch opened the circuit. And that cut power to the timer motor.

It did it save on electrical usage but caused more brain usage. ;) which is good as you are exercising it. 8-)

I need to update where my water heater is so I will install one those units in there. The one at my old place really cut down electric usage just had to reset the timer every so often due electric outages which happens several times a year and had lasted up to 3 weeks a few times. I wanting make use of the dead space above my water heater as a pantry so free up some the kitchen cabinets anyways.

When I moved to where I am now my electrical bill nearly doubled so I have been working on ways to reduce usage here too.

Previous owner had incandescent lighting through out the home. Most were 60 watt bulbs. Let me count. 8 in the master bath, 6 in the kitchen, 4 in the second bath, 5 in the living room and doesn't the other less used rooms. Most are now replaced with either Leds or CFLs bulbs. Went from 360w to 63w total in the kitchen alone and I don't even use all that. The shop/garage had 4 main 150 watt Halogen bulbs, now 4 40 Led shops lights, more light and less electric usage 600w > 160w.

I just reduce the One Eyed Monster electric usage too as I use got a Led Smarter than me TV ( kinda had to replace the old one as converter box blew for a 3rd time), it connected to my network so I can now view those movies on the net. Both shop computers just had a major update around the 1st of November with much lighter, weight wise, Led screens. I still got to update the heating and cooling system to a heat pump instead those expensive heat strips; I think the reed valves in the 8 yr old compressor are bad anyway.

On lighting alone I have went from around 2000w to around 500w max so the FPU should feel much less pull and I definitely will feel less tug on my wallet in the long run. Electric bills all summer have been gradually dropping. I wonder what my bill is going to be tomorrow, it is the 1st again and FPU don't miss sending on time.

Now I just to build me a new entertainment center so I can reinstall my DVD/VCR units plus storage my video collection. I got a good supply of 1x Popular lumber in the storage building though I might opt for Birch plywood instead for the cabinet.

BTW what is your kwh rate? Mine is around .15 usd per kwh; was .085 before the move.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:17 am

we have time of use meters. .24 usd peak .178 mid .118 off peak. i use 70% during off peak. plus we have delivery and other charges ( like paying for stupid meters) + tax. so 657 kwh cost me 248 usd. and we wonder why our factories move to Mexico or China.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:58 am

OUCH...That avgs out to around .38 per kwh. I shouldn't be complaining at all. I used 1020 kwh last month and my bill was $160 with all extra fees added, just hard to come up with that much spare change as I am putting as much into growing the business as I can which I had 40% increase in the gross sales this year.

Even here the big boys' factories get huge discounts and us low men on the totem pole ends up making up for them. They also get to use 3 phase power which they can run smaller motors that do the same work as the ones I use as the biggest current demand is at start-ups. I ever get to build a new home I will insist on 3 phase power along some green power source such as solar.

A large part of our power is nuclear and I was hoping they would finish the mothballed Bellafont plant but they just sold it off at an loss. The taxpayers funded that project so we all lost a lot in the deal. That plant never had any fuel installed.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Ouch is right. The reason it's so high is contracts with foreign companies for solar and windmill which pays them .80 CDN for power we don't need. Our hydro,nuclear and gas plants can meet our needs. We sell of surplus to the USA and Manitoba for a loss. Manitoba dairy farmers pay less for their hydro than those across the border in Ontario but they get it from Ontario. We spent billions cancelling a gas plant for politically reasons. But we re-elect the party anyway.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:42 am

Was the plant part of the tva they sold?
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:04 am

Yelp...Down over in the Jackson County, Al. Now those folks will be depending on the Willows Creek Stream plant for electricity in Stevenson, Al with all its fossil fuel burning.

TVA loves to waste tax payers' money as they can always get more.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:26 pm

True I heard about it in the news. But I guessing everybody probably did because they wanted all to know that it was for sell and the big time money people to show up. Didnt mean to still the topic.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum