• Advertisement

200 trail wagon

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

200 trail wagon

Postby Luffydog » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:10 am

Utv from tractor supply. Has a asw engine having problems cranking with the key switch. Turn the key and hear the relay clicking but no start. It's got power to switch and coming out but not to starter solenoid when U turn the key. I looked for saftey switch and can't find any. Any info at this point would help. I did take a look at the manual they have in the site. Did try new relay and same thing. Thanks for any help on this
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: 200 trail wagon

Postby rogerf » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:48 am

Hi Luffydog,

Guess you've tried the obvious! I'd be looking for a wiring diagram.

Don't know the machine, but it would have to be fitted with neutral gearbox/drive & driver's seat 'presence' switches and maybe also brake switch to be considered 'safe for public use'. Could also have a reverse safety and maybe even seat belt as well! Mostly the safety switch wiring is in a single colour often yellow.

If there is a safety bar or strap to stop driver & passenger falling off the vehicle that can also be interlocked into the start and ignition systems.

Does the manual have a starting procedure? If it does it could give a clue to what safety switches are fitted without actually naming them. (As an example 'Make sure you are sitting in the driver's seat with your foot on the brake' etc.) They can also be magnetic sensors and not necessarily simple electrical contacts. Saw that on a tractor 'driver presence' switch, could have been a Korean made tractor can't be sure now.

Hope you find the cause soon!

Cheers,
Roger
rogerf
Guide

Postby bobodu » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:34 am

WOW...
American Sportworks has but TWO US facilities ....one of them is here in town !!!
HERE YA GO !!!!
Parts list, manuals etc....
http://www.trailwagon-utv.com/tw200.php

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Misty Powell, Customer Service Manager
Tel. 800-643-7332
Fax 800-399-1399
mpowell@amsportworks.com

Looks like ya got a fuse and a brake interlock switch...

Here the direct link to the diagram...
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobodu/media/TSC_zpsnxbrizdc.gif.html

"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:16 am

Luffy and Bob,

I have been working on a TW650 for several years. Changing those CV boots on those double CV joints can be a pain, got to use brass hammer along with a vise and don't shear those circlips. SW doesn't supply them. Those rubber boots are only lasting about a year on the customer's 650.

This will get to the owners, service and parts manuals much easier.
https://americanlandmaster.com/manuals/

This LUTV only safety switch is the brake switch which must be depress to start the engine.

Luffy, Are you saying you got voltage in and out of the solenoid relay but have no power at the starter itself or is it that you got out of the ignition but not at solenoid relay control terminal?
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:18 pm

I have power all the way back but when I hit the nothing to starter it is coming thur the relay all the back just not thur the starter solenoid to the starter. Thanks for the links I'll check them out later. Oh this unit was cranking with the key when came In. It came in because of the front variator was in pieces and won't go
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:30 pm

Try testing the output of the starter solenoid under load if the voltage is dropping out your have bad solenoid internal contacts. If voltage is present and it is dropping out at the starter then mostly likely the cable itself has bad connections. Also don't forget about possible bad grounds.

I had Cub Cadet a couple years ago that had voltages everywhere until the circuits where loaded and it would disappear to only reappear when load was removed. I finally found a badly crimped terminal on a stranded cable was presenting a very resistance.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:32 am

Update in the trailwagaon the master cylinder was froze up just enough to not trip the foot pedal saftey switch. Found the switch grounded it out and bingo started right up. Thanks for all the help and diagrams. Thanks to all who chimed in.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 am

Just wondering if there is any fuel hose and vaccum hose diagrams that I can find so I can look at them to make sure they are correct. Thanks
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby All for Chris15 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:31 pm

I also have a 2011 trail wagon 200, I have the same problem with the brake switch and master cylinder. Utv will not start and the brake pedal doesn't appear to depress and fully return. I did bypass the switch and the utv started, so I will order a replacement switch but I was trying to figure out if the lack of return of the brake pedal could cause the switch to fail. Also did you locate a fuel plumbing and vacuum hose diagram? Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can provide.
All for Chris15

Postby Luffydog » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:14 pm

I haven't looked for it since. Got it running and away it went. Can't remember if it shows it in the manual that is posted above in an earlier post. Seems like it had the vaccum on the left side of the carb on bottom and the fuel on top. But not to sure can't remember 2 years back. Have that crs disease haha. Or it could be that pain in the rear jobs that I don't want to remember.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Next

Return to Technical Discussion Forum