• Advertisement

Echo gt-200r string trimmer wont stay running

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Echo gt-200r string trimmer wont stay running

Postby bgsengine » Mon May 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Merkava_4 wrote:There's one seller on ebay that I have bought two genuine Briggs & Stratton
Pulsa-Prime carburetors from and they're both installed and running well.
They package the parts for shipping real good and they ship fast.

No advertising, please, merkava. - The subject is regarding an Echo so a Briggs parts seller is rather a moot point.

And by the way, send them over here and they can sponsor the forum, and advertise all they want in sponsors forum :)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Merkava_4 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 pm

bgsengine wrote:No advertising, please, merkava.

Hey no problem bgsengine. I was just using that place as an example of a source
that has real parts. There seems to be a few mower shops that sell their parts on
ebay in addition to over the counter. That one place in particular has the real stuff.
Merkava_4
Guide

Postby Jesush91 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:57 pm

KE4AVB wrote:Good advice.

I looked over those images too. They are not all of the same carburetor and carb is not as clean as it should be. One difference that stands is the extra hole on engine side of the carburetor when I compare it to the used K75 I have here.

Sorry all for long time since not responding. Reason is i barely got the "rb-75" i ordered from the ebay seller. I got it and the idle screw was bent. After reading everyones posts i decided it is better to stand on the shoulders of giants than to take a gamble and use this carb. I filed for a return and full refund. To boot i even got a legitimate excuse to return the carburetor. I now know that price was too good to be true. I ordered a new rb-75 from ereplacement parts hopefully thats a legitimate echo parts vendor. Price was $67. I also ordered a new piston ring because i feel like i should install it to protect the cylinder plating and the piston since a new piston kit is $50 and $100 for a replacement cylinder. Now comes the wait for the new carb. I really cant wait to fix this weedeater i love the feel of using a quality tool my dads new craftsman just didnt compare to the joy of using the echo.

On an aside, when i would use the echo, the handle would rotate from its position after some use from the vibrations of the motor, despite the handle wing nut being tightened well. Anyone have this issue? Its not a big deal but its not normal that much i know.
Jesush91

Postby bgsengine » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Jesush91 wrote:

Sorry all for long time since not responding. Reason is i barely got the "rb-75" i ordered from the ebay seller. I got it and the idle screw was bent. After reading everyones posts i decided it is better to stand on the shoulders of giants than to take a gamble and use this carb. I filed for a return and full refund. To boot i even got a legitimate excuse to return the carburetor. I now know that price was too good to be true. I ordered a new rb-75 from ereplacement parts hopefully thats a legitimate echo parts vendor.
They are. However they *can* be rather over-priced ($3.99 plus shipping for a 85 cent screw??!!)
Price was $67.
Reasonable enough - a little high once you add in shipping (That'd probably be our price+ shipping total)
I also ordered a new piston ring because i feel like i should install it to protect the cylinder plating and the piston since a new piston kit is $50 and $100 for a replacement cylinder. Now comes the wait for the new carb. I really cant wait to fix this weedeater i love the feel of using a quality tool my dads new craftsman just didnt compare to the joy of using the echo.

On an aside, when i would use the echo, the handle would rotate from its position after some use from the vibrations of the motor, despite the handle wing nut being tightened well. Anyone have this issue? Its not a big deal but its not normal that much i know.
Probably just normal wear - new handles have small serrations on the I.D. that "grip" the tube, likely worn away over time thus it will slip.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Jesush91 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:11 pm

YES!!! my new rb k-75 got here and its in an echo box!! As soon as i quickly took it out and installed it my echo was running with a newfound strength!! Got me so happy i re-edged my yards no bogging upon acceleration whatsoever!! Now to wait for those new piston rings....seriously though, now i see there is NOTHING like new, in box authentic echo parts! Im sad that i could've gotten the carb or parts from you at a lower cost. Next time i need parts i know who to go to! I just can't communicate how happy I am to have my echo running like new again! I cleaned her up and everything.

But onto the main dish, I would like to sincerely thank every single person that helped me reach this end. At first when trimmer was not working, my dad said throw that heap of **** in the trash, but I, hearing in on how people say echo yard tools can take a beating and still work fine, I said this must be some small problem. Sure enough now the trimmer is back to working echelons better than dad's new craftsman trimmer that bogs initially on acceleration straight out of its box if you blip the throttle too quickly.

He may not have taken back calling the echo what he did, but i can see he was excited to see it running much smoother than his new machine. Now thats priceless!! I can't thank you guys enough!
Jesush91

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum