• Advertisement

riding mower deck pulleys

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

riding mower deck pulleys

Postby wrenchero » Mon May 25, 2015 11:48 am

hello, I have an old poloron riding mower 8hp.my dad bought it in the mid 70's.1 of the blade drives is really worn out.i think I can fix it but I heard that a lot of manufacturers used similar generic parts for decks and other things.does anyone know who might sell parts for this mower or something that might fit.thanks
wrenchero

Advertisement

Re: riding mower deck pulleys

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Will need the model and deck size to look.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby wrenchero » Mon May 25, 2015 1:02 pm

how do I measure the deck size
wrenchero

Postby wrenchero » Mon May 25, 2015 1:17 pm

the model number is 19844 and I measured the deck end to end and its 42 inches
wrenchero

Postby KE4AVB » Mon May 25, 2015 4:39 pm

Couldn't anything much online other a few belts. I did find that Poloron has been out of business for very long time so parts are going to be very scarce.

If the spindle housings are still intact, you can try removing the bearings but don't removing the housings from the deck as the bolts on most old spindle tend to break off. The bearing should have there on generic numbers engraved on them. Idlers may be replaceable by generics if the physical sizes can be match up. It may the use of press to change bushing/standoffs. Most can be done with a few exceptions. I do several change outs yearly here especially on those JD idlers.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby wrenchero » Tue May 26, 2015 5:52 am

the idlers are in good shape.i took it apart and I will replace the bearings
wrenchero

Return to Technical Discussion Forum