• Advertisement

Subaru Robin

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Subaru Robin

Postby dunoon2 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:41 pm

Gee, seems like I've been getting a lot of machines lately that's been giving me a hard time. Got a Snapper with a Subaru Robin EH18 engine. This carb is a small Nikki and was was really gummed up, replaced the float (it was broke). Got it to run but, will only start with starting fluid and will not idle. Runs good at high speed when you state slowing down below 1/2 throttle will hunt and will die at idle position. Removed the welch plug and recleaned the carb. No change. thinking it might be a air leak checked with propane no change. Any suggestions? Thanks loads.

Rich Davis
3M's Mobile Mower Maintance
dunoon2
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Subaru Robin

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:23 am

Sound the low speed circuits are still dirty. A good ultrasonic cleaning should resolve the problem. Also check the air bleed for trash build-up. I had a Kawasaki carburetor Saturday that actually had trash clog in the front of the air bleed. Soaking it to clean it only made the trash to swell and wedge in tighter. That what you get when someone runs without a filter.

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum