• Advertisement

seized tecumseh vtwin

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: seized tecumseh vtwin

Postby NO0C » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:52 am

Honda had one in 2010 for units purchased 1994-early 2010, both walk-behind and rider mowers by several manufacturers. I threw the postcard away, LOL.

I have a '97 Lawn Boy 10795 with a GCV160 engine with over 500 hours that was part of the suit. I think it was about mis-advertised HP ratings. I have never seen a time when more HP was needed.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/bl ... ement.html
NO0C
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:48 pm

So the fellow drove a couple hours and picked up the same engine with same hours. hasn't run in a couple years. Guy showed him a video of it running. He said that he seemed like an honest guy who worked for a Massey dealer. In looking at these engines I am curious about the regulator. I am decent in analog electricity but not so much electronics. The 2 AC wires from the stator connect to tabs on the regulator. The DC lead to the tractor shares the same tab as one of the ACs. I know it says that the DC lead must be disconnected to test the AC of the stator. Just curious how this regulator works. On the Kohler's I've seen the DC output tab is separate from the AC ins.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:47 pm

So I have installed the used engine. It seemed to start and run ok so I then added seafoam since the carbs had sat. Next runs were not so good with some backfire. I assumed that I had leaned things out with too much seafoam. Applying some choke did not make a big difference so I added much more straight gas but running stayed about the same. I then decided to check heat of exhaust pipes with my laser sensor and right side was not up to temp. I checked spark and compression. spark good and compression same on both sides. And instead of swapping plugs (old gray cells failing) I went ahead and replaced right carb with one from his old engine. Luckily it was the carb, not the plug, as it now runs on both sides.
38racing
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum