• Advertisement

Anyone know what saw this is?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Anyone know what saw this is?

Postby JonCraig » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:15 pm

I bought a bunch of saws off a man looking to clean out his garage. (Including a 028 Super for $75 for anyone keeping score!)

Anyway… He said I could have this thing for $15. It has compression and feels like it weighs 20 lbs. I thought, "$15… why not?"

So Google turned up this: http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/e ... enDocument

It's from 1966 and is 70cc. Anyone know anything about it? Ever seen one before?

JonCraig
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Anyone know what saw this is?

Postby bgsengine » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:27 pm

I don't know much about them other than that Mono saws were last produced in the late 70's or early 80's but have seen one in person - once - the guy that had it thought it was an antique worth a bundle of money and wanted $500 for it (back in the late 80's) it didn't even run. the shop owner I worked for at the time later told me it as actually an early 70's and not even close to being antique. It looked kinda like yours - the real "vintage" saws (early 50's) are very different. It actually looks like a pre-cursor to the old Remington saws
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby RoyM » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:25 pm

I have heard of Mono but never actually seen one. It looks like another Homelite XL-12 knockoff, they were common in the 70's.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:59 pm

I've found and received some good info at this site about all kinds of chainsaws.
Scroll down until you see the chainsaw section, register and post, bet they can give some info and may even be a collector for such in that area. ;)

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum