• Advertisement

Honda HRX217-KVKA Deck warranty.

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Honda HRX217-KVKA Deck warranty.

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:11 am

I have a customer's Honda HRX217-KVKA with deck broken around two of engine mounts; engine shaking a lot. I read there is a limited lifetime warranty of the (dumb, just my opinion) all plastic mower housing. Other than mention of this warranty I have found no detailed info on it. Is this any good or it just one those worthless types just to sell these mowers?

If this warranty is any good then I need to send the customer on to a Honda service shop for warranty repairs as it will cost too to do here; otherwise, I would need to recommend scraping it.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Honda HRX217-KVKA Deck warranty.

Postby aj-allen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:35 am

I would check for a bent crankshaft if it is bent that would cause excess vibration which would break the deck. If it didn't crack it when it was bent. No warranty in my opinion
aj-allen
Forum Regular

Re: Honda HRX217-KVKA Deck warranty.

Postby HondaG100 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 am

aj-allen wrote:I would check for a bent crankshaft if it is bent that would cause excess vibration which would break the deck.

These decks crack all on their own. I have seen many and fixed several with metal splints and some plastic welding. Not a permanent solution. I have not seen one yet that Honda replaced but I am not sure how hard the local Honda dealer tries. It is a bad design with a great engine.
HondaG100
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum