• Advertisement

RATO Engine Parts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

RATO Engine Parts

Postby Mek-a-nik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:10 am

Anyone have a source for these? http://www.ppe-pressure-washer-parts.co ... gine-parts
I've contacted this place, it's the only source I've found searching. Guy told me he needed the model number of the machine; I told him it had been swapped onto a different machine by a previous owner. He then didn't reply when I told him that.
I need the air cleaner case, but one that has a primer bulb. Also need a breather hose, but I could fab one. The one shown appears to be for a choke model.
Numbers I have:
*RV170-III* ("I" = capital letter "I", appears to be Roman numeral 3)
*A1206003521*
(Asterisks appear on the engine as stars.)
It appears to be a Harbor Freight Honda clone.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: RATO Engine Parts

Postby bgsengine » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:19 am

Yeah I think it was Dixie Sales that is distributor for them.. When we got signed up by Rapala as a service center for their Strikemaster augers, I think it was, we also had to do up paperwork for RATO and as I recall we were told Dixie Sales was the distributor.. however we never got anything back from RATO and I have yet to ever even see one, so never have ordered any parts or have any other info on them.

But if you or someone has an account with Dixie it may be worth a check.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Mek-a-nik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:51 am

Sounds like this customers broken air cleaner base will be getting a home brewed fix. The tang on the bottom of the base that locates the cover, so that it can be rotated upwards and snapped on is gone. It was unsuccessfully duct taped; believe it or not. :roll:
Thanks.
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:17 pm

These numbers should be what your looking for.

A201763 Air Filter Housing including primer kit.
A201697 Tube, Breather

Available through http://www.ereplacementparts.com
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Mek-a-nik » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Ah, so RATO is Powermate formerly Coleman, and also a Chinese Kohler.
I just ordered.
Curious KE4AVB, how did you track them down? I'm always looking to get better at searching.
Thanks a bunch. I woulda spent too much time trying to make that broken one work effectively.
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Not exactly, they are Chinese engines produced by Chongqing RATO Power Co., Ltd. which started in 2009. Would give the website address but my antivirus caught two viruses when I pulled up the site.

It just took looking at several versions of the engine ipls found through Google search.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Mek-a-nik » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:26 pm

Guy finally replied. He sent me the same link that I told him wasn't right. I told him thanks anyway, I had found it. He asked ME were I found it and would I send HIM the link?! Yeah right.
Thanks, KE4AVB.
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby Mek-a-nik » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Got those parts today (thru ereplacement). Good to have this source, even though I don't see the junk (RATO) much.
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum