• Advertisement

Governor adjustment?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Governor adjustment?

Postby dart451 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:20 pm

Hello,

I have an older Horizontal Briggs that I'm working on. Have it running and put back together the way I found it. But, it appears that the throttle doesn't work at all even though I think I have it hooked up right. When I move the throttle lever, it will shut off but will not accelerate. I put on a new governor spring but the only place I could think to hook it to was the linkage hole. Not sure if it's doing anything at all!? The engine is: 91212-0022-01 94032303. I have the idle screw all the way turned in so it will run. If I turn it back a ways, it won't idle. A picture is included. https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a5d6 ... /ry%3D400/
dart451
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Governor adjustment?

Postby bgsengine » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:31 pm

NOt hooked up right - need the spring hooked to either stationary control bracket or the movable throttle control lever - the spring is what adjusts your engine speed.

Fix the governor problem first and your idle problem will probably be resolved likely need a carburetor rebuild or cleaning and new gaskets, diaphragms
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Governor adjustment?

Postby dart451 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Thank you Sir! I figured it was wrong but couldn't see a logical hookup. This is the way it was hooked up. Thank you!
dart451
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum