• Advertisement

Cub Cadet Enforcer 44 eating belts

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Cub Cadet Enforcer 44 eating belts

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:53 am

To me the wipe off of the paint on the back looks like everything is riding good except I see back edges also appear the have wipe off; of course, I don't know if your paint was edge to edge. If was then I would be a little concern as to what is rubbing it off; although, this might be normal too. Yes it would be not completely wiping the the back of the belt as they have a slight arch to them so it should be mostly in the center. Most of the belts I install usually have there labels worn the same way. If it completely wiping off the paint on the edges it would indicate something would be rubbing. Just my opinion though as I not there in person to see what actually going on.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:05 am

Your paint stripe idea is a good one.. I never thought to try that.. but the stripe will just show *contact* pattern - not so much a wear pattern and your back side contact pattern that matches your flat idler appears normal to me You'll get the same result even if you replace the flat idler with a new one :)

The paint stripe, probably should reveal if there was belt slap or rubbing/contact that should not be happening and as you have stated the contact pattern looks normal on the inside too , all that is left is to run the belt as usual and check after every use for any unusual wear pattern forming. but I'd say it looks as if you have the problem mostly resolved.

(and the back edge KE4 refers to would be expected with the belt tension flexing the belt ever so slightly as it passes through the V groove, the corners will tend to "roll" a little as they fit in a pulley that is deeper than the belt )
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:58 am

bgsengine wrote:and the back edge KE4 refers to would be expected with the belt tension flexing the belt ever so slightly as it passes through the V groove, the corners will tend to "roll" a little as they fit in a pulley that is deeper than the belt )

Thanks BGS as I never had do anything checks like this method other bevel gear heal and toe adjustment or other metal to metal contact with machinist blue usually I just use a keen eye watching the belt as goes through its path.

I did have V-pulley on a Kubota G4200H that was eating up belts but was caused by the owner putting on a extra short belt and idler pulley damage the v-pulley that to where was cutting the edges as the lips were rolled inwards; $200 part now as the pulley is no longer available separately. That was obvious when I looked at the pulleys.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby allseasons » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Thanks. The wife is going to be mowing our entire 3 acres today . I will report back tomorrow with pics if need be.
allseasons

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum