• Advertisement

kohler 775 horizontal starter issue

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: kohler 775 horizontal starter issue

Postby plotthound » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:02 pm

due to a real busy few months at work I never got back to this problem until yesterday.cranked the argo over and it turned real slow but started,then though to myself that the battery was pretty much 4 years old.went into crappy tire today and bought a type 51r optimum yellow top battery,turned the key and wow.cranked fast and started like a champ.i guess the original battery has been on the way out for a year or so.certainly feel better that the battery was the problem.

thanks again :mrgreen:
plotthound
Guide

Re: kohler 775 horizontal starter issue

Postby Arkie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:16 am

plotthound wrote:due to a real busy few months at work I never got back to this problem until yesterday.cranked the argo over and it turned real slow but started,then though to myself that the battery was pretty much 4 years old.went into crappy tire today and bought a type 51r optimum yellow top battery,turned the key and wow.cranked fast and started like a champ.i guess the original battery has been on the way out for a year or so.certainly feel better that the battery was the problem.

thanks again :mrgreen:

Yep:
From prev post, pg 1
I've seen batteries just weak enough especially on ATV eq that the starter would appear bad and the jumper from a vec would make it go so as to determine if battery is little weak. (I've had guys bring me $150 starters from ATV's to bench test and I would not even bother doing such if the engine was cranking slow like yours, because too many lesser priced things are usually what's bad. I tell them to bring me the machine or at least replace the battery if they have not already done so especially if the bat is over year old.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum