• Advertisement

Echo ES-250 Blower/Vac

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Echo ES-250 Blower/Vac

Postby Tenn » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Mek-a-nik wrote:Okie, this past summer I worked on an Echo with the exact same symptoms.

It turned out that the unit had a safety switch on the air inlet cover. The inlet cover was cracked, and the switch was open when upright because the cracked cover wasn't holding the switch closed. When I put the thing on it's side, the switch would close, viola, spark!

New cover fixed it. Hope this is all it is for you.

Hope I caught you before you pull that thing all apart!

Thanks for the heads up, I did not see the safety switch when I disassembled it but I wasn't looking for it either. I will not work on it until Monday.
Tenn

Postby Mek-a-nik » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Don't know how I got "Okie". :bricks:
Let us know ho you make out, Tenn.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby Tenn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:43 pm

You were spot on Mek-a-nik, in this case the safety switch failed. Disconnected and runs fine.

Thanks to all that replied.

Only if you guys could come up with a fix for my aging forgetful mind!!!

I have not done much with OPE since the late 90'S. I was an Echo dealer back in the day. Looked through old update school paraphernalia and saw where the switch was mentioned when the Shred 'N' Vac first came out. Don't remember it being covered or ever seeing one fail. Hell, can't remember what I had for breakfast most days.

When I get some numbers together I will post about a Kohler 23 HP (I'm guessing) flooding problem.

Thanks again
Tenn

Postby Mek-a-nik » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:37 pm

Glad worked out for you, Tenn. Plenty of guys with more experience and knowledge than me on here to help you out in the future.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum