• Advertisement

leaking seat?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: leaking seat?

Postby bobodu » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:29 am

At the this point...what difference does it make? Don't all Depends matter?
Now...I'm going to sample this new product from Obama and John Kerry;s wife...Heinz 57 State Sauce.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby BLES » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:41 pm

Have decided to get the new carb. Ouch!! Hope the new one lasts longer than previous! To make matters worse, I have a GX390 Honda with exact same problem. Tried a new needle in it to no avail, too. Guess it's new carb week here!
BLES
BLES
Guide

Postby bobodu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:27 am

Bought a pair of 1970 Honda CT90s this weekend. Looked up a carb kit...$28 and a brand new Chinese carb for $18 including shipping..
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mek-a-nik » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:10 am

bobodu wrote:Bought a pair of 1970 Honda CT90s this weekend. Looked up a carb kit...$28 and a brand new Chinese carb for $18 including shipping..

Even some of the original Honda carbs are dirt cheap. I try ro repair as opposed to replace; only because my biz is mobile and I can only carry so much inventory. But I do carry a few Honda carbs, cuz they is so cheap!
Stens has some replacement carbs for some of the small Briggs verticals now, amongst a few other recent carb additions to their cat.
"The internal combustion orchestra; sweet music."
Mek-a-nik
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:26 pm

bobodu wrote:Bought a pair of 1970 Honda CT90s this weekend. Looked up a carb kit...$28 and a brand new Chinese carb for $18 including shipping..

I've used those China carbs on Hondas and Honda clone engines. Runs good when new. You have to really keep a heads up on the carb bowl especially during storage for few months. The bowls will rust real fast during storage, even with non-ethanol gas.
I started draining the bowl and storing with a lube oil in the bowl.
Once they rust it's like cancer, hard to get it stopped from re-appearing after the bowl has been cleaned and polished. I've considered trying to epoxy coat the inside of the bowl but have not yet. :o :(
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Arkie wrote: I've considered trying to epoxy coat the inside of the bowl but have not yet. :o :(
Been there done that, it don't work. Epoxy coating breaks up and clogs things even worse.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby Arkie » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:08 pm

bgsengine wrote:
Arkie wrote: I've considered trying to epoxy coat the inside of the bowl but have not yet. :o :(
Been there done that, it don't work. Epoxy coating breaks up and clogs things even worse.

Have you tried the Red Kote type that is designed for gas tanks on a rusty carb bowl. Reason I ask is some of the Honda china Honda clone carbs clean up good inside except for a rusty orange bowl and the rust just keeps coming back in the bowl, even with non-ethanol gas especially during storage. :?:
When I use this stuff (red kote)f I let it (the tank) dry under a heat lamp and low air circulation for several days so as it gets rock hard before adding any fuel. I also have a sample of red kote on a piece of steel drying along with the tank so as to get a feel and visual for the drying hardness. This lets it do max bonding (adhesion) to the tank. The low speed air circulation really speed the drying process, especially with low low heated air. If a epoxied metal tank gets too hot (actually too warm) the drying process takes lots longer.
Arkie
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum