• Advertisement

B&S ignition coils

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

B&S ignition coils

Postby bluegoose345 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:09 pm

I have three coils from a 14.5 hp, 15 hp, and 17 hp Intek that all look alike except for the numbers stamped on them which are 0014, 9431P, & 9911D respectively. Does anyone know if or know where to find out if these are interchangeable or if there's some sort of difference in the output? They all measure the same size with matching mounting holes, connector, wire length, etc. Other than the numbers, can't tell them apart. Also need to know the gap setting between the coil and the flywheel for the 17 hp Intek. Thanks. I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one at home.
bluegoose345

Advertisement

Re: B&S ignition coils

Postby bgsengine » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:30 pm

bluegoose345 wrote:I have three coils from a 14.5 hp, 15 hp, and 17 hp Intek that all look alike except for the numbers stamped on them which are 0014, 9431P, & 9911D respectively. Does anyone know if or know where to find out if these are interchangeable or if there's some sort of difference in the output? They all measure the same size with matching mounting holes, connector, wire length, etc. Other than the numbers, can't tell them apart. Also need to know the gap setting between the coil and the flywheel for the 17 hp Intek. Thanks. I'm not a real mechanic, I just play one at home.

Those numbers are date codes 14th week of 2000 31st week of 1994 11th week of 1999 - or something like that

If they are otherwise identical they should be pretty much the same if they are all off an intek - couldnt tell you any differences without the model, type and date code of each engine they came from.

air gap should be .010 - .014"
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum