• Advertisement

Craftsman single stage snow blower problem

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Craftsman single stage snow blower problem

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:56 pm

bgsengine wrote:Although that DOES tend to leave you some black skid marks on your concrete floor so don't do that if you're fussy about your shop floor staying clean and white:)

Still not as bad as my mother plowing through the side of the converted garage leaving skid marks on the new tiled floor. Never seen Star Trek in 3D but sure felt it as her Chevy was sitting on top of me after it came to stop. Thanks goodness I had put down that area carpet a few days before. No one fussed about the skid marks.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:22 am

NO0C wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by scream, but the rated rpm of the engine is 3700-4000. It won't run at the pace of a chain saw, weed wacker or blower.

Of course I can't tell how fast it's running but to me it sounds like any 2-cycle snow thrower and sounds like it's running fine to me and the choke is indeed working.

Do you have a tachometer?

If possible, do your snow dance so you can put it under load and see how it runs. My experience is they run a lot smoother under load.

Hi,

So I went ahead and picked up a tach. The device fluctuated between 3900 and 4000. So I think this job is done. Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions. One last question if I could: The instructions for the device (ES 328 EZ-Tach Plus) said to set it for the engine type (2 or 4 stroke) as well as the number of revolutions per spark. I had that set to one because well, I really have no idea. The numbers just go up from there and I can't imagine the plug is firing more than once per revolution. Am I correct with my settings?

Thanks
Lefty
lefty
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 am

Yes. Even most twin cylinders are using the wasted spark configuration. The only time you going need the other settings is working on larger multi-cylinder engines.

Now I have heard of a few small engines that would require different setting but I have not seen any in the small engines that I have worked on.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby lefty » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks KE
lefty
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum