• Advertisement

WTE Metering Lever Height

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

WTE Metering Lever Height

Postby Skywatcher » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am

Greetings All

Installing a new kit into a Walbro WTE-509 carburetor on a Stihl MS260 Chainsaw. I notice the button height on the WTE metering diaphragm is slightly shorter than on a WAT diaphragm and my Walbro "W" gage does not have WTE listed on it. The button on a WAT diaphragm is .060" whereas the button on the WTE diaphragm is only .030. I'm used to only two different button heights, .060" for the recessed lever and .015" (same as the diaphragm gasket thickness) for the flush set lever. My question is; how far below the top of the metering chamber gasket surface is the lever supposed to be set? Any information gladly appreciated. All the best,

Sky
A person who sees Quality and feels it as he works is a person who cares.
A person who cares about what he sees and does is a person who's bound to have some characteristics of Quality.
Robert M. Pirsig. (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance)
Skywatcher
Forum Pro

Location: Southern Alberta. Where the wheatlands meet the Range.

Advertisement

Re: WTE Metering Lever Height

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:32 am

Sky,

I sent a request on your behalf to Walbro Customer Service requesting this info. Will let you their resonance when I get a reply. I got a customer that also has a WTE carburetor but hasn't needed rebuilding yet. I look at the MS260 service manual but did not mention the lever setting just the replacement.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: WTE Metering Lever Height

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:05 am

Sky,

I got a resonance back for you. Looks we all will need to ordering the new metering tool when it is released; I know I will be.

Walbro Customer wrote:All of the WTE carburetors maintain the same metering lever height. As you can see, the height is .66 mm from the lever to the metering gasket surface. We are currently working on a new metering lever gage to meet the WTE and some of the newer carburetor metering lever heights.

That would from carburetor body surface to lever and is 0.66mm +-.13mm (approx .026" +-.005")

I can send you a copy the technical drawings if you need them.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum