• Advertisement

H50 rings

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: H50 rings

Postby bgsengine » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:49 pm

mulch wrote:Spits oil out of the muffler during this rough start.

You sure it is oil and not raw gas mixing with carbon deposits? sounds like your carb is flooding.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby mulch » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:40 pm

Well the new rings are in. Started right up and ran leaner than it ever has. In the past I could smell the rich mixture. I would stink after blowing the driveway and have to change clothes but now it smells like exhaust should. I never did measure the bore with a caliper but honestly it wouldn't have mattered as I would have done nothing other than hone it so I measured the rings in the bore and they were in specs and that is all I need.

Now all we need here in the snowy state on Mn is some snow and I can test it out.
1969 Ariens 10M5 Blower
mulch
Forum Regular

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks for the update and that you got it going but be carefully of what you wish for. El Nino can be rather obliging this time of year. ;)
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum