• Advertisement

Kohler command / courage single carb seats

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Kohler command / courage single carb seats

Postby TandEtractors » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Just stumbled onto this forum, this is my first post. I own and operate a small engine shop / wrecking yard for lawn and garden equipment in ontario Canada.

I replace many many seats on walbro carbs for briggs single cylinders but I've had no luck trying to find the replacment seats for the walbro carbs on kohler command and courage singles , my kohler parts supplier is not much help unfortunatly.
A part number or the tool kit if there is one would be great, as I have 20 plus carbs for these engines I would like to rebuild.

Thanks!
TandEtractors

Advertisement

Re: Kohler command / courage single carb seats

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Inlet Fuel Seat Kits:
  • Courage Gravity 20 521 01-S
  • Courage Pressure 20 521 02-S
  • Command Gravity 12 521 03-S
  • Command Pressure 12 521 04-S

Kits includes:
  • SEAT, FUEL INLET
  • SCREW, HEX FLANGE THREAD FORMING (#10)
  • TOOL, CARB SEAT
  • TT-5237 Instructions
  • KIT, REPAIR CARBURETOR
  • SCREW, FUEL BOWL RETAINER
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:50 pm

And, welcome to the forum!
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby TandEtractors » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:14 pm

That's great! Thanks alot!
TandEtractors

Postby acscolo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:22 am

Here is the Kohler parts bulletin that contains the information necessary to order the correct carb kit that has the seat.
http://www.cpdonline.com/drl/ServiceDoc ... s_8-09.pdf
I have tried in vain to get just the seat. If anyone has a source, I'd appreciate the information.
I pull the seats using a 10-32 self tapping screw and nut and a 3/8" 1/4" drive socket as a spacer. As an alternative, you could tap the seat with a 10-32 tap and use a regular 10-32 screw.
The directions in the carb kit are worthless as well as the screw they give you to pull the seat.
Yes these carb kits are expensive.
Hope this helps
Cheers
acscolo

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am

I have only replaced one inlet seat but the instructions and tools work as intend for me.

As for the inlet seat it is a special deal the Kohler worked out with Walbro so it isn't necessary to replace the whole carburetor as that was the only way do it before this deal. It would be nice we could just get the seat but what Kohler now have available is still a lot better than the alternative.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby TandEtractors » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:27 am

Well what I have been doing is replacing command 15 and the larger bore 17 18 s with carbs from the many blown and cracked courge engines I keep getting.

They work great on the two large command blocks but not the small 11 and 12 , they seem to run a bit rich.
Now with being able to get the seats will save a few engines I have.
TandEtractors

Return to Technical Discussion Forum