• Advertisement

Tec Carbs Inlet needle clip

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Tec Carbs Inlet needle clip

Postby slo jim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:39 pm

I know this issue has come up before on this forum, but I suffer from CRS and I did not find the answer on search. Tecumseh LEV 115 carburetor inlet needle clip installation. I know the book says install the long open end of the clip towards the intake side of the carburetor….but why? Does it make a difference? Inquiring minds need to know.
slo jim

Advertisement

Re: Tec Carbs Inlet needle clip

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:31 am

From Repair Manual>
The inlet needle hooks onto the float tab by means of a spring clip. To prevent binding, the long, straight end of the clip should face the air intake end of the carburetor

This is the side with the choke/air filter.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby slo jim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:33 pm

I am aware of the instruction….but why? Always wondered if it really makes a difference.
slo jim

Postby bgsengine » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:06 pm

slo jim wrote:I am aware of the instruction….but why? Always wondered if it really makes a difference.

"To Prevent Binding" - that is why

Notice how the clip would come close to the float bowl if facing backwards = it can potentially hang up on the float bowl or gasket due to how close the radius of the float bowl is to the hinge pin on the "engine side" of the carburetor.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby NO0C » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:43 pm

slo jim wrote:I am aware of the instruction….but why? Always wondered if it really makes a difference.

KE4AVB wrote:From Repair Manual>
The inlet needle hooks onto the float tab by means of a spring clip. To prevent binding, the long, straight end of the clip should face the air intake end of the carburetor

This is the side with the choke/air filter.
NO0C
Forum Pro

Postby slo jim » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:22 pm

Thank you for the responses. Now I know the rest of the story. Thanks
slo jim

Return to Technical Discussion Forum