• Advertisement

Tune up checking for proper float level

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Tune up checking for proper float level

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

CapeDave wrote:Have you ever checked to see how long it takes to have that seat swell?

Really depends what that rubber seat is exposed to. I have seen them swell within minutes when exposed to injector or carburetor cleaner and others that may take years if exposed to fuel only.

As for the Viton and Nitrile tip needles they are fairly resist to most fuels. Most usually just wear out from use. Now the metal seats do corrode and wear too which why the Kohler Command and Courage single cylinder engines now have repair kits to replace the metal seats which in the past required a complete carburetor replacement.

I don't stock as many individual carburetor parts as I once did since my main supplier has a 2 business day delivery out of Macon or Charlotte but I still have over $2,000 in stock to provide faster turn around times on those take a business week to get in from Tulsa.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum