• Advertisement

coolant in oil

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

coolant in oil

Postby Luffydog » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:19 am

fd731v -- doesn't seem to be getting hot or over heating. done the leak down test and no leaks and compression test all seem good as well. anyone have any ideas where else to go with this engine. I haven't seen one like this type kinda lost on where to go from there. thanks for any help.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: coolant in oil

Postby KE4AVB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:30 am

If you have coolant in the oil then you either have a bad head gasket, crankcase gasket, water pump gasket or bad pump seal. This problem would be the same if it was your water cooled auto engine. Head gasket can go bad and leak into the crankcase in this respect. For coolant leaks you would need pressure the radiator system but this only verifies that a leak is present and won't point to the cause; unless, it is an external leak suck as a hose.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info. Looks like time to pull the engine. Thanks again. Just wasn't for sure about the engine and the dia. But now I know what lies ahead.
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby Arkie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Coolant: water in oil right after winter. cracked block suspect. :oops:

antifreeze in oil. Head, Head gasket, etc! :?:
Arkie
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:17 pm

done leak down test show 0% on the test. compression shows 130 psi on #1 and #2 shows 140psi. thinking its the mechanical seal causing the issues. but not 100% so until i get the motor out and look into it further and that prob be munday.... i have some other that need to be out before i start on it and stay until done.... thanks for the help and info ill keep u posted...............
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum