• Advertisement

General Transmission RS800P

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: General Transmission RS800P

Postby 38racing » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:53 pm

And maybe your last?
Getting parts for fair price is tough here in Canada. I have been getting parts from Michigan but a 73 cent dollar hurts. But they ship for $12 plus small international fee and backordered stuff comes with no additional charge. But I screwed up and missed ordering 2 bushings. Shipping was more than bushings. So I found CDN supplier with free shipping but had to buy extra bushing to get 15 minimum. Now I am waiting to see if they are backordered. Michigan had them in stock. Problem with the free shipping place is most of their prices are way higher than my other suppliers.
KE4AVB wrote:
38racing wrote:Whatnot does the tool cost?

Have no idea...Not able find it via Google searches or any my vendors and Dixie Sales is supposedly the distributor which I haven't setup an account with as they want a $1000.00 order up front per the local rep and I have no current need to add that much to the inventory that might not sale for several years. I currently only on as needed basis and already spent over that in part purchases so far.

Matter of fact I just got and refused a box of supposedly $300 ATV parts Friday. The box was way too light so with my UPS driver permission to inspect we open the box and none of the parts except one gasket was in the box. Now I got to go the claims process; at least I paid for this order via Paypal so need to I can go through them to recover my funds. It was my first order through Partszilla.
38racing
Forum Pro

Re: General Transmission RS800P

Postby bgsengine » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 pm

38racing wrote:. Problem with the free shipping place is most of their prices are way higher than my other suppliers.
and that's because "Free Shipping" *ain't* - somebody's gotta pay shipping so it gets worked into the item cost - which is why many places will have a minimum order.. or their prices will be ridiculously high - if you wanna buy just 1 widget, it's cheaper, actually - but if you wanna buy 4 or 5 items, then the "free shipping" actually does cost more.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum