• Advertisement

Why not just use duct tape or Super glue instead..

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Why not just use duct tape or Super glue instead..

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:09 pm

I would have not believe this one. A flywheel riveted together. :roll:

The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Why not just use duct tape or Super glue instead..

Postby Mr Mower Man » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:12 pm

Hey, relax! What could possibly go wrong? 8-)
Mr Mower Man
Forum Pro

Postby RoyM » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:50 pm

What??? No JB Weld? That repair would have been entertaining if the engine actually fired.
Briggs and Stratton MST
RoyM
Forum Pro

Postby Luffydog » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:34 pm

they must not been able to weld haha thats a good one.... i had a filter that had roots growing in it and down thur it into carb and the guy didnt know why and understand why it wouldnt run good and when it did it smoked very bad. the filter was duck taped in with the lid taped as well. write that one up stupidity. he said the warranty wasnt out and wanted kawasaki to cover it... good thinking tho :popcorn:
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:46 am

RoyM wrote:What??? No JB Weld? That repair would have been entertaining if the engine actually fired.

The Aussie that did this said he actually cut his lawn afterwards with the push mower. There no way I would have even tried this.

This what I get for being on the ODK forum. Sometimes I see things that are too hair brain to even try but at the prices of things down under there I can see it happening especially in the Outback. I thought I would post it here just to show how far someone would go just to keep from buying even an used part.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum