• Advertisement

49m777 briggs

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

49m777 briggs

Postby Luffydog » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:38 pm

can someone share how to lookup mufflers for briggs. never had to until now and not having much luck. thinking there must be a way just dont know it. thanks..
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: 49m777 briggs

Postby KE4AVB » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Most larger engine's mufflers are usually provided by the equipment manufacture and not by engine supplier. Husqvarna has their own just like Cub cadet has own designs. If your setup is a new install or custom built product shop these OEMs and see what they have available that might work for your setup.

Last I heard one of the quietest muffler on a rider that I heard in years and it was a John Deere rider. I wish all manufactures had mufflers as quiet.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: 49m777 briggs

Postby Luffydog » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:31 pm

yes they r quiet. this here is in a jd zero the muffler is a am # for jd didnt know if there was a way to cross it to just the engine. thanks for the info this engine came out of a scag but jd number is what i need but for somthing else just dont know what yet????????? thanks for your help as always. totally forgot all about you have to go by the machine until you reminded me.. starting to feel like your saying i miss my mine the most!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum