• Advertisement

Posting of Email addresses on open forums

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Posting of Email addresses on open forums

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 am

Gentlemen,

Please don't post your email on these opens as the spammer's robot scanners can collect and start sending unwanted spammer to your account(s). Many of you may notice all those ads for Kitchens. Much same they are able to setup accounts and post they are also read all the posts looking for email addresses to send spam to. They don't even need to log in as register user to do this.

I personally recently had been flood of emails after my Visa info was stolen online. Most of it has subsided now but I still get 20+ junk emails each week as result of this. I should have never used my main email address when ordering. Now I am supposedly sending myself emails.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Posting of Email addresses on open forums

Postby creia » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:13 pm

Understood and duly noted! :oops:
Michael
creia
Forum Pro

Postby Walt 2002 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Which is why my address is always coded - people wonder why I do that.

Walt Conner
Walt 2002
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:41 pm

And by the way , as long as your forum email address is valid and working they can contact you with a text-only email - just tell them to click the "email" button under your user ID at the right side of the page - uses the board's email function to send email to you without giving them your email address (until you reply) - if you get notifications from the board, you should get those "PM" emails as well - but it is pretty much limited to a text only contact - no attachments or anything like that.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby bobodu » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:42 am

I get a big kick out of people who are selling cars on face book groups and how they use their thumbs to cover the license plate......in an ad using their NAME!!!
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Franz » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:57 pm

Whatever you do, never, Never NEVER post Bobo@Statementalhospital.gov
Franz
Forum Regular

Return to Technical Discussion Forum