• Advertisement

unlevel float after needle seat replacement

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

unlevel float after needle seat replacement

Postby 38racing » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:00 pm

I revived a tiller with 110402 briggs engine but I detected a slight miss at fast noload which went away if I shut the fuel off. So I bought a carb kit(aftermarket ) and changed viton seat and needle. Seat in groove down but the float is above level. I had sprayed the cavity after pulling the old seat and have pushed new seat down multiple times. I tried it with old needle and still above. It seems to run ok but I will have to wait to try it under load and see if it gets enough fuel.
38racing
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: unlevel float after needle seat replacement

Postby KE4AVB » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:09 pm

I had the same result with an aftermarket needle/kit I installed in a Nikki Walbro yesterday. Engine ran fine but I had already resize the main jet a couple years ago because it had lean surge that just wouldn't go away. Probably will need to go back to Briggs version even it cost twice as much if I start having problems
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum