• Advertisement

Fd731v

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: Fd731v

Postby Luffydog » Sun May 01, 2016 7:10 pm

So they gave me the wrong rod. That's what I thought. Well I don't know if he will fix or not have to see. Nonetheless still have wrong rod and I have to wonder if they put the wrong ones in. From what I can see they have different ends one being bigger and the other smaller in size. Thanks I don't have all my part look ups at home my pc went down
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Re: Fd731v

Postby Luffydog » Sun May 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Today I took a closer look at the Fr. Pulled engine bolts was loose got engine out. Pulled the sump and there it was the other missing rod. Replaced and sealed sump and put the rods in. Fired it up after the install. Now idled good so far and then with a little throttle it decided to try run wide open. So here I was adjusting the governor. I seen the cause root of it all. The governor arm has a side arm with a screw in it that has came loose causing an over rev. I think from the loose mounting bolts it had shook this bolt loose and causing the prob. Now I try to tighten the screw back in position and it will not tighten and also it will not come out as well. Any of you ran into this. Don't know if you can put a nut on the back side of bolt. And I am guessing I will have to order the gov. Arm and the other piece as well. Any ideas would be great. First time for me on this problem. I woke up this morning and thought I would do something good for somebody and it has failed. Thanks ahead on the thoughts. :bricks:
Luffydog
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum