• Advertisement

Robotic mowers - Bermuda Triangle!

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Robotic mowers - Bermuda Triangle!

Postby wristpin » Sun May 01, 2016 8:40 am

Any one on here have any experience with robotic mowers that use a boundary/perimeter wire to transmit a signal to the bot?
I actually have one and it works well but I was recently involved in laying the wire and setting up a new Husqvarna Automower and despite all parameters being complied with (area, perimeter length and maximum distance from any point within the area to the perimeter) it suddenly stops and flashes "No Signal" . The point where it stops is random but does seem to be frequently, but not only, confined to one end of the lawn. The manufacturer's man was summoned and after an hour or so of faffing around and plugging in his lap top pronounced himself baffled and carted it and the base station off for further faffing!
Before you ask, to the best of our knowledge , no electricity cables and no iron water pipes etc . Did borrow a metal detector which let out a satisfying howl in a straight line up the lawn - the steel toecaps in my work boots! :roll:
wristpin
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Return to Technical Discussion Forum