• Advertisement

jonsrede trimmer

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

jonsrede trimmer

Postby thomd51 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:23 pm

got a jonsrede trimmer to fix the only id. # i can find is lil red 260. ser#269921109 and I'm not sure of that number either. has a wolbro wz type carb. cleaned carb and replaced metering diaphragm.( old one was hard as a rock) trimmer runs and idles good but the primer doesn't work so you can't start it. on this carb the primer fills a small square area and you press a black button and the fuel goes into the throat of the carb.( barrel type) need to find a place to order parts from. tried a few that I know but NG. help TOM.
thomd51
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: jonsrede trimmer

Postby bgsengine » Sun May 01, 2016 4:55 pm

what parts do you need? and those particular trimmers were built by Efco (NOT ECHO) - we used to sell them back in the late 1980's -early 90's carb parts are pretty much only available from Walbro sources but most of them still available. My dad still has his - it has just been sitting waiting to find an anti-vibe mount for what was called at the time the "Bike handle" if I ever happen to come across one at a decent price.. they were very well built machines, but some things could be difficult to work on or service.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby thomd51 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:26 pm

need the primer plate assy. or a whole new carb. hard to order parts with no id. #
thomd51
Forum Regular

Postby bgsengine » Sun May 01, 2016 6:11 pm

thomd51 wrote:need the primer plate assy. or a whole new carb. hard to order parts with no id. #

the carb number is on the body like all the others are but may be very hard to find - there are only about 50 different possible models (WZ-1 thru WZ-49 or so) and most of them probably use 21-790-1 pump assembly.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Return to Technical Discussion Forum