• Advertisement

Magnetron Coil Kit Question

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Magnetron Coil Kit Question

Postby Merkava_4 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:35 pm

Briggs & Stratton
92902 1801-01 77092901
Magnetron Coil Kit 591420
Yard-Vac Tornado Leaf Vacuum

The coil comes with two kill wires crimped onto one spade connector. One wire is stripped bare on the end; the other wire has a ring terminal on the end. I used the one wire with the stripped bare end to connect to the kill switch, but I don't know what to do with the other wire that has the ring terminal on the end. Engine runs fine and shuts off fine with the one wire that has the stripped end that goes to the kill switch. I had to put black electrical tap on the other wire with the ring terminal; otherwise it would touch something and ground the coil out. What am I supposed to do with the other wire that has the ring terminal on it ?

Picture of kill wire: https://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/sh ... 398811.jpg
Merkava_4
Guide

Advertisement

Re: Magnetron Coil Kit Question

Postby bgsengine » Mon May 02, 2016 6:33 am

universal kill wire to fit many different model configurations - the ring terminal end may often be used on horizontal shaft engines where the kill wire is mounted to an insulated terminal on the outside of the engine for quick connects and disconnects of a remote kill switch it can be clipped off flush with the plastic terminal connector body at the coil end (carefully, don't nick the other wire)
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Re: Magnetron Coil Kit Question

Postby Walt 2002 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Many, many B&S engines came with both the clip which you used AND a screw terminal right by it. Simply put you round terminal on the screw terminal.

Walt Conner
Walt 2002
Forum Regular

Return to Technical Discussion Forum