• Advertisement

Lawn Boy service manual

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Lawn Boy service manual

Postby mulch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:18 pm

Hello All

Once again I am in need of a service manual. Acutally I am in need of the reject dims.

Lawn Boy Dura force
Md: 101313
Ser: 7901356

I did find the Toro E engine service manual but it lacks the reject dimensions I require the students to check against.

Thanks

Pat
1969 Ariens 10M5 Blower
mulch
Forum Regular

Advertisement

Re: Lawn Boy service manual

Postby StarTech » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:07 am

Wish there was better service manual info myself as an old school mechanic. Most service manuals leaves me guessing at what I should consider as too much wear. When I first starting service engine and I mean automotive I had access Chilton's manual that the reject specs listed. I think the manufactures are no longer wanting us to rebuild engines and for us just to replace them. I can see some rime and reason for this as complete engine are now can be had for it costs to rebuild an engine yet there are cases that we must rebuild an engine when the equipment can't be upgraded due configuration limitations. The days of old equipment is coming to past just like they putting us old techs out to pasture in favor of part replacers.

I got two Yazoo SP mowers that I am needing to redesign just to get a newer engine to fit as their fuel tanks are in the way of the drive assembly. Having make a set of brackets to raise the engine and reversing the drive setup so the belts don't rub on each other.

As for your case all I can is use your best judgment base on the +- specs in the manual and allow for some wear that put them within the 25% of what the next oversize part. IE if the next oversize part is .020 then use .005 as max wear limit if this makes sense.
StarTech

Re: Lawn Boy service manual

Postby Fulltilt » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:02 pm

mulch wrote:Hello All
Once again I am in need of a service manual. Acutally I am in need of the reject dims.
Lawn Boy Dura force
Md: 101313
Ser: 7901356

I did find the Toro E engine service manual but it lacks the reject dimensions I require the students to check against.

Thanks
Pat

I assume you are a teacher, as such, have you tried contacting Toro directly? They may have a program geared specifically for Vo-Tech teachers or something that would give you access to their dealer site.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
Fulltilt
Guide

Return to Technical Discussion Forum