• Advertisement

Recoil assmebly add onto old model Briggs?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Recoil assmebly add onto old model Briggs?

Postby Arkie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:32 am

Old Model Briggs 8hp with electric start. Has the manual wrap around pull rope pulley now. (and electric start available)

Briggs 190407 0661-01 7101191

Guy gave me a real good running old Industrial rated Horzontal shaft briggs electric start engine (appears to been removed from a snow thrower maybe) and I would like to add a late model recoil start. (probably the cup type instead of the ratchet type with the steel balls)
I installed a recoil assembly onto a late model electric start 12 hp vertical shaft Briggs couple years ago after getting some part numbers and info from this site, think I had to cut slight amount off the end of the crank shaft stub for the install?

Anyone know Briggs part number for a recoil assembly (using the existing air cowling) and general install procedure for the old model 190407 Briggs?
Arkie
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Recoil assmebly add onto old model Briggs?

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:58 am

Recoil should be PN 693900 replaces old style PN 390391.

You simple cut off the stud just above the threads if not already done for the rope starter.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Re: Recoil assmebly add onto old model Briggs?

Postby Arkie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 am

Thanks. :D
Arkie
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum