• Advertisement

briggs 775 ex

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Re: briggs 775 ex

Postby 38racing » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:54 am

Will have to check where he's cutting for sure . just ditch area I think where his robot doesn't cut.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby bgsengine » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:48 pm

38racing wrote:Will have to check where he's cutting for sure . just ditch area I think where his robot doesn't cut.

Hmm a ditch.. on an incline, perhaps? in which case, if fuel tank was aiming down-wards, it'd be below float level, thus no gas getting to carb.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby 38racing » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:23 pm

Not steep ditch. Wife said she cut it fine. Husband said that when he went to start it , it did start , but ran like starving for fuel. He says no black smoke then. I guess I'll be cutting their ditch in the near future. Wonder if fuel could block the cap vent if cap side of tank is down.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby 38racing » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:18 pm

So I went out to cut my ditch. Although it never faltered I just felt that it had a slight miss.
I decided I would eliminate the shutoff valve since he won't use it (as it has plugged way back with something). I also decided to drop the carb bowl again. I think I discovered the problem. Shoddy workmanship. By me. The bowl had what clearly looked like valve grinding compound. I had used the q-tip compound cleaning of the seat and clearly my cleanup was not complete. Cleaned it up . Ran gas through without bowl on. To my ear it's running smoother now.
38racing
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:22 am

When is Murphy leaving? Just making he isn't headed my way.

But just cleaned Kohler XT149 here and it ran fine. But I want to a few restarts and it would only on fuel injection. I had to redo my work as something had clogged the main jet and nozzle. Where it came from I don't know tank has a filter screen and put on a new line. Maybe something was in the new line from Kohler. Either way it is still an irritate, glad I didn't call the customer yet.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Previous

Return to Technical Discussion Forum