• Advertisement

AM MTD 918-3129C Spindles

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

AM MTD 918-3129C Spindles

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Just a heads up on this one guys. I have received 5 of these from Sunbelt where the bearing are loose by 1/32 after tightening to 100 ft-lbs. The blade is 7/32 high once installed. And one even has the seals falling out. So I order a spindle from Wholesale Parts Direct Through Amazon that was supposedly was a OEM MTD spindle and I got the same thing with the exact same problems.

I reassembled the old spindle just in case I missed something like a bent deck and the blade was correct and the bearings are tight like they should other the grinding which is ehy I was replacing the spindle. I am ordering bearings and already have the seal on the way. It just this spindle housing has three snapped bolts.

Just makes me plain mad... :evil: as the following ad is false advertising
Image of the Ad
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: AM MTD 918-3129C Spindles

Postby bgsengine » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:44 pm

Report it to Amazon and open an A-to-Z guarantee claim and get your money back It is sellers like that that give us honest ones a bad name.
How poor are they who have not patience. What wound did ever heal, but by degrees? - Iago (Othello Act II, Scene 3)
bgsengine
Briggs MST
Briggs MST

Postby KE4AVB » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Done got RGA # just getting burned for shipping both ways. Definitely will not be buying anything else from them especially when you get burned on the very first order. They know as well as I do that it is a case of false advertising.

Now I got to go in the morning to a local Cub Cadet dealer and get a spindle and sell it to the customer at cost which is nearly $30 or more than last one I sold that was good.

Dang it has been a bad year for bad products for me.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby KE4AVB » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:20 pm

After all the problems I had trying to get a good spindle for a simple replacement I rebuilt one of the old cores here and installed it and everything was on the money so I wasn't seeing a problem that didn't exist. The bearing and cup only cost $12 for a pair locally though I can get them for $8 for a pair. With this in mind I can rebuild these less for $15.00 cost even when I add in the seals; of course, I not counting my time. Definitely less than the $80 MTD wants for one and even half that of the after market ones.

The one I send back today ended up costing me a little over $18 in shipping charges for lesson well learned and not buy from lying Amazon vendors.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Return to Technical Discussion Forum