• Advertisement

Anyone here reads Simplified Chinese?

Use this forum to discuss small engines, and the equipment or machinery that they power. This is the main section for any technical help posts and related questions.

Anyone here reads Simplified Chinese?

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:08 am

Boy do I wish they print the manuals fully in English when they sale equipment in the US. I trying to read a circuit diagram for a TAO TAO atv and it is in Chinese. All I see is chicken scratch but they probably think the same of our writing too.

I hoping the distributor can do this for me but that is a long shot.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Advertisement

Re: Anyone here reads Simplified Chinese?

Postby BeeZee » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:59 pm

If you have a smart phone, download the app "Google Translate". Once it's on your phone, bring the app up and point the camera at the text that you want to read whether it is a paper manual or something on a web page. I know it works for German, French. and Czech languages.

Give it a try.

BeeZee
BeeZee

Postby KE4AVB » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:38 pm

Don't even have a dumb cell phone. No signal in the area even if I had one.

I have manage get to pass the brake switch which is what is bad. Intermittent. Hand tracing wiring harness.

Customer is probably too cheap to spend what is needed to fix the machine up to par. It is needing a rear carrier, carb, Ignition switch, brake/throttle assy., left hand switch assy., and misc screws (bolts). Estimating 4-6 hours of work as I got to disassembly the rear axle to replace the carrier.
The truest measure of society is the how it treats its elderly, its pets, and its prisoners.
KE4AVB
Forum Pro

Postby bobodu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:03 am

Did you try pressing "1"? :lol:
Around here, you go a few miles outta town and PRESS ONE FOR AMISH.
"Give me a fast ship, for I intend to go into harm's way."
bobodu
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Technical Discussion Forum